Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Watermelons

mundia

My instinct was to say it would float. For interest's sake, I just nipped outside and put a marrow (in the absence of any watermelons) in the pond. It floated. I can't help thinking they have a similar make-up, thus drawing the conclusion that watermelons should float. Not very scientific I realise...

My instinct was to say it would float. For interest's sake, I just nipped outside and put a marrow (in the absence of any watermelons) in the pond. It floated. I can't help thinking they have a similar make-up, thus drawing the conclusion that watermelons should float. Not very scientific I realise...

40545[/snapback]

What would you have done if the marrow sunk :o How deep is your pond?

Peggy

I'm not going to try that experiment myself, pond is over 12 ft deep and I haven't got a marrow or watermelon xD

What would you have done if the marrow sunk :o  How deep is your pond?

Peggy

I'm not going to try that experiment myself, pond is over 12 ft deep and I haven't got a marrow or watermelon xD

40549[/snapback]

The thought did cross my mind Peggy! :( The pond's only about 4ft deep, & I thought it best not to lob it in, incase of concussing a trout or something, & instead placed it gently in to the water at the edge & got ready to catch it :(

Personally I have too many marrows.

Personally I have too many marrows.

40552[/snapback]

Now you're just showing off :oxD:(

I would also have expected a watermelon to float, but as I have neither marrow, pumpkin or watermelons...

Let us know the answer, Mundia!

err. I dont know the answer, thast why I asked. In the interest of marital harmony (!!) i was banned from looking up the answer..but I wasnt banned from asking someone else..

so I followed Chocolate girls researc anfd dropped my own marrow into my pond (would agree same family, probabaly follows similar rules). sadly i followed rather swiflty thus demonstrating archimedes pricple to a very bemused family...

(dont think the fish were too happy though)

Now I cant remember why he asked me in the first place....