Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

FS data . . . .setting targets for KS1

I was called in to have a discussion today with the assessment co-ordinator regarding the impact our end of EYFS 'scores' have on KS1 targets. The school uses Fischer Famiy Tust targets and asthe ass co-or is saying that because we scored too high in FS then the targets for KS1 are unrealistic!!

Our % of GLD was actually 4% lower than the 52% national and I am confident and stand by the judgements that we made. The problem is the ass co-ordinator will not accept my 'argument' that the FSP should not be used to create the KS1 targets as they are completly different curriculums!!!

We are going to be having another meeting with the SLT to discuss the issue . . . any advice on what I can use to strengthen / support my case????

Hi

The problem is it does say that children who achieve expected should achieve at least a 2B at the end of foundation. I work at a lovely small village school with very supportive parents we achieved 80% GLD our head has targeted all for 2a or 3 ... Happy days!!! I also noted that the new ARA for KS 1 have notes on how to record children achieving level 4 or above...really???!!

J

Update . . . we had a look at some of the children's EYFS scores & targets today - it seems that they have put 2 children - one of whom lef as 'emerging' in Lit and one who left as 'expected' with the same 2b target . . .. how can this be . . . .the plot thickens!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)