Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths!

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can help, back in FS after a few years in Y2 and am not really happy with my Maths. Can anyone share what they use in terms of planning, activity ideas etc

Thank you

Anna

For a number of years as a starting point we use Numbers and patterns: laying foundations in mathematics, it should be easy to find on the internet. It has some nice ideas that can be developed. As a unit we were then able to have children working on the different phases. A colleague has just been on a 'Making Maths Magic' course with Shonette Bason, we are now incorporating that into our plans. The kids are really enthusiastic about the digit dancing! Hope this helps.

I have always written my own maths plans because I have never been happy with schemes that I have looked at. However this year I am using the Hamilton plans and I find them really good. It's great for ensuring coverage and the plans themselves are very detailed including CP ideas. Yes, I change bits here and there but they are a very good starting point and save lots of time. Also very easy for support staff to follow. I then add bits from numbers and patterns too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)