Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Non negotiable writing

I've tried arguing that I record progress through other means but they want the books and they want them to sit and write. The FS coordinator wants it quite structured in Reception this year with a 'Literacy and Numeracy' morning and I quote ' all the other stuff in the afternoon'. I can see me fighting all year to get continuous provision and child led planning in to place. She wants topics so I think I'm going to get it over and done with as quickly as possible as suggested and carry on with what I normally do. May the battles commence Xx

Oh my that's not good if you are even having to try and convince your FS lead :-(
Could it be that she's being put under pressure by SLT? I had hoped that this Lit & Num in mornings and 'all the other stuff' in the afternoons approach had died a death. I do wonder though whether we will see a resurgence of it......it's looking ominous out there.

A whole morning of just literacy and numeracy! Please say that doesn't all have to be sitting at desks?

It could take you all morning and more to get some of them to write anything at all if that's the environment they are in.

I despair :(

Good luck. I think the adults may need more educating than the children in your school.

Show this to the HT not the EYFS leader. Tell your HT you are passionate about getting your children to the highest possible standard but by doing in a manner suitable to their age and development!

LornaW

post-9053-0-04634100-1380538724_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)