Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Development Matters ?

Having seen our inclusion teacher this morning, she has told me that the new development matters is now available for use with our SEND children.

Each area is now broken down into much more manageable bands for use with our SEN children.

Every setting will be getting a hard copy, but in the meantime i am desperate to start using this document but cannot find it online anywhere ........... :( .

Does anyone know what i am talking about and can anyone provide me with a link before my mind explodes !!! :wacko:

HI lovemyjob (love the name by the way)

I wonder if your inclusion teacher is thinking about the "Early Support materials" which have been updated and can be accessed via the NCB site

http://www.ncb.org.uk/earlysupport

This is an updated version of what was previously available, although Im not sure exactly when they were updated.

Otherwise, the new 'Outcomes for Children' that was published last week has no more content than the development matters, which is why Im thinking you mean Early Support?

Let me know wont you?

Thanks for replies. I have finally been able to obtain a copy!

It is indeed the new early years outcomes (Same as 2012 development matters) However Positive Relationships column has been replaced with Early support links and Enabling environments has been replaced with Next steps. Both these columns have different info from the original development matters and are indeed more detailed for use with SEN children which is what i understand we are using this document for ?

Not sure if this is just a Lancashire thing or if it is nationwide ?

Thanks for replies. I have finally been able to obtain a copy!

It is indeed the new early years outcomes (Same as 2012 development matters) However Positive Relationships column has been replaced with Early support links and Enabling environments has been replaced with Next steps. Both these columns have different info from the original development matters and are indeed more detailed for use with SEN children which is what i understand we are using this document for ?

Not sure if this is just a Lancashire thing or if it is nationwide ?

Hi lovemyjob

I'm in Lancashire too. Is this available on the LCC website as we have just put a child on the COP so this would be useful.

Many thanks

Hi Sam, it is supposed to be on Lancashires web site but i could not find it (and believe me, i searched !!)

Our Inclusion teacher e-mailed it to me this morning, so i will try my best to do some sort of link to it for you (bear with me, this could take some time to do :blink: !

Helen, i will try and pass on this info now............

Hi Sam, it is supposed to be on Lancashires web site but i could not find it (and believe me, i searched !!)

Our Inclusion teacher e-mailed it to me this morning, so i will try my best to do some sort of link to it for you (bear with me, this could take some time to do :blink: !

Helen, i will try and pass on this info now............

Thanks lovemyjob.

Hi Ladies, don,t have a clue how to pass this info on to you :huh: ! I have tried different ways but nothing is working, can anyone make any suggestions ? I suppose i could copy and paste but there is about 120 pages in total ?

OMG....i so need some computer training :( !!!

Could you try uploading it to the resource library, maybe? You need to click 'add file' and then browse your files, selecting the document itself. :1b

Apologies for the resource library categories being really out of date- something else on our 'to-do' list!

Hi all, i have uploaded all the documents into the resource library under observation and assessment.

I hope it has worked ok :blink: !

I hope some may find it useful :D

thank you, i certainly find the middle column extremely useful. This paperwork was actually compiled by the downs syndrome organisation i/n jonjunction with the early years team which is why they have broken it down so well.

. no copyright i asked the inclusion teacher and she said no. All Lancashire providers will receive a hard copy soon, but how soon i am not sure !!!!

thank you, i certainly find the middle column extremely useful. This paperwork was actually compiled by the downs syndrome organisation i/n jonjunction with the early years team which is why they have broken it down so well.

. no copyright i asked the inclusion teacher and she said no. All Lancashire providers will receive a hard copy soon, but how soon i am not sure !!!!

Will await my hard copy with baited breath, but in the meantime I have downloaded.

Many thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

thanks so much for sharing these resources! I have looked all over the Lancashire site too and couldnt find them. Do you know if there are any to link with the other areas, as i really love the 'next steps' . I would like to use them with the staff as a prompt for working with the children.

If not, then that may be my half term sorted!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)