Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas on hanging number and a-z line

I work in an SEN school which is a brand new BSF school. I have various a-z, number and makaton symbol lines I would like to hang.

I need some inspiration as I can't hang them on lines from the ceiling as they set alarms off, we have no flat free wall space as every side of the room has doors/outside glass walls/furniture etc. I don't want them flat on a wall as the children won't look at them or use them. The display boards are really high and can't be moved, plus we can't hang them below the boards as there is furniture underneath them.

It's hard to describe but basically hard to make the room interactive and bright.

Anyone have any ideas how to make these interactive? I'm out of ideas!!

Thanks

do you have radiators? We have one in our group area and I recently purchased a set of little magnetic picture frames. I have used these to add numbers from one to ten in (you can add anything as card can be slipped inside very easily. I wonder if these would be of any use should you have a metal surface to use.

The magnets are 3 in a pack and about £1 (I think) you can get them in the picture frame area.

I used cement, 2 buckets and two broom handles with holes my husband drilled in for a portable number line. I have used it for lots of different things, alphabet, pattern work, numberline even with the water tray inside and out for washing baby clothes.I can adjust the string to suit where it is being used and it doesn't take up much room when not in use. The only problem I have had is children 'watering' the posts to make then grow :D

Edited by Guest

Ha funnily enough we don't have radiators either!! We have underfloor heating.

I like the idea of buckets & making my own. I just don't have a flat wall/empty space to keep it there!!

Thanks for the ideas

I used cement, 2 buckets and two broom handles with holes my husband drilled in for a portable number line. I have used it for lots of different things, alphabet, pattern work, numberline even with the water tray inside and out for washing baby clothes.I can adjust the string to suit where it is being used and it doesn't take up much room when not in use. The only problem I have had is children 'watering' the posts to make then grow :D

I (well hubby) have made these too. and they are fab!

Plus my children water them too :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)