Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning so far

Hi,

What does your planning look like at this time of year? Mine is consists of little key group activities and lots of 'reinforcement of routine' type on-going adult interaction prompts. Not many enhancements so far as still very much getting to know children, keeping resources minimal while children get use to the choice on offer (in some cases, I've further reduced the choice!)? Does that sound similar to yours?

Green Hippo x

• Like 3

Yes similar!!!

Lots of work going on around the routines and I feel like I have spent half of the week so far in the bathroom. . . . . .

Got a young lady who needs a prompt to use the toilet (according to Mum) but uless someone actually has an eye on her she goes into the bathroom and shuts the toilet stall door and then just stands there!!!!

I think I forget how far our children come in a year and with mainly new starters this September its hard work!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think I forget how far our children come in a year and with mainly new starters this September its hard work!!!!!!!

tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg is all i can say!!!!!!!!!!!

ours is as you green hippo, plus lots of supporting behaviour. quite an interesting bunch....... one boy refused to sit with other children at the end of the session and adult had to sit with him on carpet and hold his jumper to stop him running off whilst class being dismissed. as we are not allowed to restrain children except in exceptional circumstances it was hard. when we try to hold his hand to move him he screams and says no and pulls away from us. have asked mum to come 10 minutes early and take him until he is able to sit with rest and she was overheard telling her friend we were moaning about him - i clearly said it was for his safety and the safety of the other children. flippin nora!!

I have recently opened my own day nursery. I managed a nursery 15 years ago and oh how the planning has changed! I am getting really bogged down with what paperwork i should be using for planning as i cant shake themes...long term...medium term and short term plans out of my head. Please can anyone share some examples of how they do their planning.....i would really appreciate it x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)