Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jolly Christmas Postman

Any ideas? We have planned to use the Jolly Christmas Postman story as our next half term's theme and would appreciate picking your brains for any ideas,rhymes etc. which have been successful with pre schoolers.

(I can't believe I'm on this forum at 7.45am!? - is it the novelty of being a new member? or are there others out there who eat, drink and breathe Pre School? :)

(ps my hen's name is roxanne - not mine - I just enjoy 'Sting's' music)

Hi,

No ideas at present re: songs etc, just wanted to say you are not alone in your addiction. When I first joined I found it nearly impossible to leave the computer, I'd write a message and wait eagerly for a reply. I tore myself away, but within ten minutes was back on, clicking "view new posts" to see any responses to my comments.

Not so bad now ( after a years membership) but have to have my "fix", at the very least once a day. :o

Hubby was a bit exasperated at first but about 6 mths ago I went through a rough patch at work and the forum members were so understanding and helpful my hubby actually said how fortunate I was to have found this site ( he even replenishes my cups of tea, if I am on a marathon link and have lots of posts to read, bless him)

enjoy.

peggy

We made a posting game - lots of boxes with letterbox openings

using different types of fonts and colours make cards using the addresses in the book print of several sets. Children can take turns to post letters/cards by matching the addresses ( stick one card on each box so children can match ) We used this as part of a post office role play area.

make some parcels of different weight and or size for sorting and grading

A counting down rhyme I use in Reception (from This Little Puffin) :

10 little letters in a brown sack

Along came the postman

rat a tat tat

Put a letter through (child's name) door

Down it fell to the floor...

For pre-schoolers - I made four post boxes with different shaped letter boxes - square, circle, rectangle and triangle - I wrote names and addresses on postcards and drew and coloured a different shaped stamp on each card. The children posted them in the correct postboxes.

We have also numbered the letterboxes 1-10 and the children have posted letters matching just the numbers on the cards.

Sue J

We have a game/song we play with the children. Sit them in a circle with one child as the postman. They walk round the circle with a sack while we sing

(Polly put the kettle on tune)

Postman's knocking rat tat tat

He's at your door.

They stop and the nearest child takes out an object from the sack. We put in things that make a noise such as animals, a car, but you could adapt it to whatever you want. Then we sing

Amy's cow goes moo moo moo

When she plays.

Linda

Any ideas? We have planned to use the Jolly Christmas Postman story as our next half term's theme and would appreciate picking your brains for any ideas,rhymes etc. which have been successful with pre schoolers.

(I can't believe I'm on this forum at 7.45am!? - is it the novelty of being a new member? or are there others out there who eat, drink and breathe Pre School? :)

(ps my hen's name is roxanne - not mine - I just enjoy 'Sting's' music)

39563[/snapback]

I love Sting!!!

(Can't think of any postman ideas though)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)