Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ppa Time

Had a nightmare day. Reception class all over place today. Covering PPA time in the afternoons too. Teach reception for 60% of time and yr1/2 40%. Finding it hard to get my head focused on anything. Anyone else covering PPA time? Sorry just need to air my frustration to someone.

:o

Hi,

I know how you feel! because my role is decreasing i only teach the foundation class in the mornings. So i teach ICT on two afternoons KS2, visit pre-schools one afternoon, cover year 1 ppa another afternoon and take friday afternoon as my own ppa.

If i dare say it I am really enjoying teaching the older children!

Keep your chin up!

Goldenwink

I get my own PPA time on a Monday morning and then in the afternoon I take 3 music classes - Reception (my class), Y1 & Y2. It works very well and I love Mondays although an afternoon of music is tiring.

Heyjude

Thanks all,

I'm teaching mornings in reception and tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday in other year groups. I enjoy seeing the other children but it's really tiring and can't get my head around what i'm supposed to be doing. Like having my own class the best. Spent the whole day in recpetion today and it's been bliss! How's everyone else getting on? I don't think some people realise how hard it is to teach young children..... :o

yes know the feeling too, I teach half in N and half in R, am Fs coord, GTP mentor, transition manager, Ict coord, student mentor, and I only work 3 days....

Like you all I dont know which way is up most of teh time...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)