Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning pro-forma for YR, 1 and 2

Just wondering if anyone could help me... I am looking for a planning pro-forma which incorporates reception, year 1 and year 2 please?

Thank you :)

Guest tinkerbell

Sally Featherstone had a book on mixed aged planning which I used for years...Managing the Curriculum in Mixed Age Classes: Reception and Year 1.With the new EYFS and the soon to be new National curriculum ,I don't know how relevant it will be.

Lancs LEA or Cumbria used to do mixed aged planning for maths with each years objectives alongside each other which I found very handy.

Hope some one has more help for you

Thank you, Tinkerbell. Really appreciate the response - I was beginning to think I'd asked the most ridiculous question in the world - 70 something views and no replies ;)

I wonder if there will be a renewed version of that book. Nevertheless, I'm sure the principles will be the same. Thanks again :)

jogyouon - not a ridiculous question at all. I know that I didn't really feel I could say or post anything useful. I usually have a YR/1 mix but not this last year so I feel a bit as if I need to learn how to manage the mix all over again. Also, I have never felt like I got the mixed planning 'right' or even close to working reasonably well - I always ended up with a cobbled together thing. At the moment I'm wondering if it would actually be easier to just have 2 separate sets of planning... :( ! I was embarrassed to share anything I have with you - hence not replying before.

Thank you, Helen! I'm thinking that two sets of planning might be the way forward as it's very difficult to even line objectives up next to one another! Y1 and Y2 is fine... reception is another thing altogether! I will get there though. School don't have a preferred planning format and usually plans are just scripts... I can't work like that. Too much waffle for me!

It's been a long time since I taught a mixed year group but I had mixed YR and Y1 for a couple of years and I agree, it's really hard to plan when you are covering 2 different curricula. I'd be tempted to just do two sets, one for EYFS and one for NC. The school where I did mixed age teaching was in a leafy part of Hampshire, where children came in well above average (this was back in the days of baseline assessments in YR) so if truth be told we used to plan primarily from NC rather than what was then FS Guidance *hangs my head in shame*.

I'd love to hear how other people would approach this - who knows, if Mr Gove gets his way I suspect YR will be following NC soon anyway :-(

Guest LornaW

Jogyouon I have a spare copy go the Featherstone book Managing the curriculum in mixed aged classes. If you think it would be useful DM me your address and I will post it to you.

LornaW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)