Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Formats

Hi i'm a new member on this as of today. It's comforting to know that other people have questions too. I have taught reception for three years and am still finding the paperwork difficult. Last year we had a nursery class included and now we are trying to work as a unit. I'm sure that you all have wonderful ideas which hopefully you can share.

The problem i'm having is that i have a class of 34 (soon 35) 23 of them are from the nursery and 11 from outside. I'm not sure where to start with the sound work as some know all and 11 know few. I don't want to confuse the new children but don't want to bore the old. Where should i pitch it? The older ones need blending.

To top it off i'm only in the class for 60%of the time as i'm covering PPA time.

The second problem is planning...i seem to have loads of sheets. Could anyone send me a copy of their weekly planning so i can see if there is a less time consuming way? I have a sheet for weekly tasks, a sheet for what the staff are doing and a sheet for smartie time (small group time).I'm looking for a differentiation sheet if anyone has one?

Also has anyone got any ourselves ideas?

HELP

Oh and i'm sorry if you read my other post...still learning to see

Thanks.

I've just spent ages reading through the planning stuff. Some really good stuff. It's mad how we do all this work when it's all be done before.

How do you deal though with such a wide range of abilities ....23 know most sounds, 11 few.

Thanks.

How do you deal though with such a wide range of abilities ....23 know most sounds, 11 few.

39336[/snapback]

You will have to differentiate your teaching! If you are doing whole class phonics could your "more able" children do some harder phonics work using whiteboards?

Or, when writing a class sentence with the children target different children to provide the initial sound or blends etc

For blending, you could try issuing commands in a robot voice

e.g. p-l-ea-se s-t-a-n-d- u-p you will soon see which children can do it!

At other times plenty of small focused group work :D

Good luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)