Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

school nursery - are you a subject leader in your school?

i currently work mornings only and don't have any subjects to lead - think head feels i have enough on my plate with large class etc. new head starting after christmas, and wondering if i'll be given a subject. do other part-time nursery teachers have responsibility for a subject? cheers x

hi we have two teachers part-time one who works in he Nursery 3 days a week and one who covers for 2 days per week - they share the role of leader for Art and Design throughout the school

hi we have two teachers part-time one who works in he Nursery 3 days a week and one who covers for 2 days per week - they share the role of leader for Art and Design throughout the school

that sounds reasonable. i don't share however, as morning nursery only. think i'll be asked to have a subject, but it's hard as don't go to all staff meetings and don't really see much of other staff in school. it's so different being in nursery!!

In our school the nursery teacher is part time and was originally sharing the DT role too with a second part time staff member in school.

Then a new Head came and the nursery teacher became early years co ordinator

She is about to retire so not sure what will happen then!

I am the history coordinator, BUT, although employed in maintained nursery (a.m.) I do work p.m. in the pre-school, so I am really employed full time. That said, our ICT co-ordinator is part-time, as is our numeracy coordinator, art coordinator, PSE, A&T; but I know where you're coming from re: being 'different' from the rest of the school!!

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)