Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Walk for Women

HappyMaz

Just catching up on twitter and saw a retweet from Sarah Brown about the 'Walk for Women' campaign taking part this summer to celebrate those women who marched in 1913 and converged on Hyde Park to campaign for women's right to vote.

It strikes me that we here on the FSF have become politically more and more aware as the years have gone by because of what successful Governments have done (and tried to do) to our workforce.

I was wondering if anyone fancies taking part in a kind of 'walk for early years' event of some kind, both to mark the 1913 walk but also as a way of showing that we are passionate about our work and won't stand idly by whilst this (or any) Government attempts to undermine our workforce.

I know we can't all march on Hyde Park, but perhaps we can organise regional events to get together and put the early years world to rights and discuss these important issues. We owe so much to the suffragette movement, and this seems like a good way to get involved in a way that is meaningful and personal to us all. Men are of course welcome to join in!

There's a website which offers resources and support to those who want to organise their own events, which you can see here.

Anyone else up for it?

• Like 2