Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fast Track Nvq 3

I completed mine in 9 months. suppose that can be classed as fast tracked.

i did it with a lot of support from the local college who understood my situation, and an excellent assessor who was able to observe most of the units needed by doing lots of cross referencing etc during one session covering lots of units at the same time rather than work on one unit per session, which is usually the norm for the NVQ in our area.

this helped enormously as we were aable to cover a lot of areas at one session and then we set up a plan of what was missing for her to observe next session.

it does need an assessor experienced in NVQ to do this well though. She also set me an assignment in each area which when answered fully covered the unit and showed all the knowledge evidencce needed. these were well worded and although took a lot of time to do was easier than other methods used at different colleges.

( a Collegue and I started with different agencies at the same time, I finished in 9 months and hers took 3 years!!, all depends on the assessors, other staff have taken 2 years to complete)

To do this well you need a lot of knowlegde and experience in this area, and as I had previous training which became classed as 'out of date' was the only reason I went down this route.

Sorry if this is not much help but a lot comes back to assessors, your knowledge and experience and how you are able to put yourself across to the assessor and where you do your NVQ.

good luck

Inge

Many thanks, completing the nvq in 9 months is very good, i have completed my nvq2 and have been working in a childrens centre, i will have a good chat with my assessor and hopefully they can point me in the right direction. I know from previous experiences that you need a really good assessor to help you on your way.

Hi,

I finished my Full Framework NVQ3 in 7 months, my assessor was also very good and observed 3 0r 4 units in each visit and came to see me every two weeks. i also had the key skills and the technical certificate to do aswell.

it really helps to have a really supportive assessor that knows whet they are talking about!

They are now doing a pilot in our area for stand alone NVQ's FREE for the over 25's they give you 6 months to do the just the NVQ. its just a pilot in three areas at the moment though.

Lyndsey

39184[/snapback]

I am just coming to the end of my NVQ 3 and have also done it in 9 months. With the level 3 there is a lot of cross referencing so get to know your standards and you will save yourself a lot of time. :o

Hi, I have had a nightmare trying to get mine done..................no assessors, then my father was terminally ill so they put me on hold while I saw my father through his illness, then the assessor who had been allocated to me went on long-term sick leave! I have only done a couple of units due to all this and I have now been told I am being put on the fast-track one to get me completed by July .I am told my assessor will do all the cross referencing,so that will ease a lot of work and she will assess several units at the same time.She will also use video and photographic evidence of what I'm doing, so hopefully, i will meet the new target date easily.I am certainly looking forward to getting this wretched thing done, as I then want to do the Foundation degree............................. :o wish me luck!!

:oxD Hi Narnia, good luck with completing your nvq, i have had problems with assessors in the past and to fast track it seems like you need a very good assessor.

I also which to go onto to do a degree.

GOOD LUCK

Hi narnia,

good to see you seem to have been able to resolve your situation, but the offer's still there!

Does that mean you will no longer be doing the chef job? Replacement needed? :o

Sue :D:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)