Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy activities based on a story book

Hi :D

I'm new to the forum and I am a student teacher. I have an interview next week where I have to teach a 30 minute literacy based lesson using a book as a stimulus. I have never had to teach a whole class before only the introduction and then small groups. I am not sure what is expected. I have had one interview before and it didn't go very well as the lesson was aimed to high. Any ideas as worried now that I will do the same again.

The Big Hungry Bear with strawberries to taste.

Something traditional like Jack And The Beanstalk.

Children like the idea of being a little frighten durng a story.

How old are the children? Generally speaking for half an hour you couldn't expect to keep them on the carpet so you need to be finding a story where the children could join in somehow, keep it active and fun for the first 10-15 mins or so. Then I'd follow with an activity based on it. Knowing the age of the children would determine the 'I can' statement or objective that you could work towards and therefore the kind of things you could follow with. What stories have you shared with children before and used as a starting point for literacy? It is usually best for you to do something you are familiar with.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)