Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So confused!

I have done all my profile scores but I don't have a clue what to do now! I keep being told different things. Do I just need to work out the good level of development score? If so how do I calculate it please? And anything else i need to do with the results?

I think it is this I am confused about from the handbook:

However, all areas of learning within the EYFS are important and the GLD measure will be supported by a measure of the average of the cohort’s total point score across all the early learning goals in order to also help to promote the attainment of all children across all the early learning goals.

So are there 2 scores I need?

Sorry, my colleague went on the training and isn't being much help.

Edited by MrsL

Ok, think I've worked it out! 19 out of 45 children have scored 2 or more in the first 12 ELGs, so 42% at GLD, is that right?!

And now do I need to add up total scores for all 17 ELGs and divide by 45 to get the other measure?

Hi Mrs L. Just noticed your post. Yes that's right, then you'll get the supporting measure which is basically the average for your cohort. I've done the same then had a look at how many have achieved that/ more than that:-)

For the supporting measure I added up every single score and divided by 45 and got 31. So GLD is 42% and supporting measure is 31. I do hope that is right! Are you going to work out scores for each ELG too?

Guest ShelleyT

I have no idea what you are all talking about!!!!! I just sent the children's 1,2,3 scores to the LEA. Is that not then end of it????

Where is all the info about GLD and supporting measure found? I just sent my scores through to county via sims didn't know I needed to do anything else. I've been to all the training offered and none of them said anything about this. Is it in a document I've overlooked?

Deb

If you want to work out your overall headlineoutcome before you get your data pack back from the LA then you have 2 measures:

The good level of development: the % of your children achieving expected or better (ie 2 or 3) for the first 12 ELGs.

The supporting measure (which takes into account the remaining ELGs) is add up ALL the scores for all the goals for all the children and divide by the number of children.

For the supporting measure I added up every single score and divided by 45 and got 31. So GLD is 42% and supporting measure is 31. I do hope that is right! Are you going to work out scores for each ELG too?

That sounds right to me.

Until we get the national figure you won't know how below/at/above national you are though.

Our LA data pack will give schools the % of children at or above expected in all 17 separate aspects etc and will do a complete analysis on EAL, SEND etc etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)