Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

yr1 continuous provision

Guest Anje

Hi, , I have been given the job of extending continuous provision in yr1. Our current Yr R children are quite a clever lot so will need a lot of challenge and extension. Does anyone have any fab ideas of how this can be done and be managable???

Thanks Anje x

I haven't done it myself but I have always liked the idea of a passport for the y1 in CP - they have so many challenges they have to complete during the week within the areas and once completed they have to self stamp a little passport. I have a mixed Rec Y1 and have meant to give it a go but not yet!

Guest LornaW

I have done this and also led training on it and done well is brilliant for children and staff!

I would recommend some books by Featherstone called carrying on in Y1 where you can get great ideas for challenges.

Also take a good look at the books on the staff room shelves2where again you will find great ideas for challenges.

You. Will also find it works best if you work to a Topic/Theme

Good luck

LornaW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)