Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Managing feelings and behaviour-advice neened

Hi

I have a child in my class - July birthday; I'm just not sure if i can give him expected or not.

He can play nicely with hie friends-including playing board games, following the rules and taking turns, building constructions together, etc. But he is not keen on doing adult led activities involving reading, writing etc and will often become upset when he realises its his turn to read, he can also be quite silly at carpet time- but he is a young boy and i not sure of parents reaction as he is already going to be emerging in most area.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Guest LornaW

It is the way you write it surely!

'He is exceeding the expected level for his chronological age and as regards the ELG he is devolving the necessary skills and emerging into this age band'

Or have I got that wrong?

LornaW

I have a very young girl in my class who is emerging in a few areas. In the narrative bit I have mentioned that although she is working towards the ELG in some areas, it is because she is very young - which I truly think it is as she is 50 weeks younger than my oldest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)