Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception report writing statements

Hi all,

I am in the middle of writing Reception reports. I am a bit stuck with the comments for all the 17 areas. Has anyone got general comments for higher ability, middle ability & lower ability?

Thank you

Yes - it is just the statements from the ELGs (for expected), from DM 40-60 (for emerging) and the exceeding statements from the Handbook, slightly adapted to fit in with my particular class/school's needs.

Guest Vjeffery83

Hi, thank you for the comments above. Does anyone know of any other report statements that can be used as all the banks of statements I can find at the moment are based on the previous system. My reports have to be in within 2 weeks and we only got the format yesterday and they seem very large at the moment. Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks for the report statements Popcornpie. I've been wasting loads of time trawling through the internet to find examples of exceeding statements. I looked at the level one descriptors in K.S. 1, but many of these seemed to be level with or below expected levels in E.Y.F.S. Maths being a classic example! You mentioned that you had got the statements for exceeding from The Handbook. I know I'm probably sounding dumb, but I haven't come across these and am wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place. Could you indulge me and guide me to the exact source please? Sorry to be a pain! Wouldn't you think the government would have got the materials together to make all this a bit clearer for us all, before expecting us jump through these new hoops?!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)