Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Rainbow Fish

Does any one please have any wonderful tried and tested ideas that they have done with Reception children for the story of The Rainbow Fish?

Not Reception I'm afraid, pre-school. We use it obviously to talk about friendly behaviour - at the end of the story I have a little pocket at the back of the book where I store cut out scales which I make from beautiful rainbowy silver paper and I give each child a scale to take home.

TES resources have a maths game 'the rainbow fish' which you print and laminate....and it's free. They have some good resources related to it.

We do rainbow fish hand prints which are stripes in five colours of paint applied from the tip of each finger to the wrist....have done them today funnily enough. the children then paint or stick a silver scale onto the fish...add a wobbly eye ....the children love them and they look really effective on a display.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)