Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Boards

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help! Last year I visited a reception class where the teachers had made story boards which were kept in the writing area. They had made about 20; birthday, princess, dinosaurs, goldilocks and the three bears. I have started cutting out pictures to make the boards but it is very time consuming. I was wondering if anyone had any that they had done on the computer and would be willing to share? The children in the class used the boards to write stories and make cards related to the theme of the card.

Thanks

Jo

I went to visit a leading teacher a few months ago and she had some great ones but they were from a scholastic publication that i think may now be out of date!

I did find in the cupboard i inherited loads of Words and Pictures booklet that accompany the TV series, in there there are loads of sewuncing pictures of traditional and well known stories - i blew these up and laminated them for a velcro board

Sarah

Hope I'm not being dense :o but I'm wondering what the boards are? Are you talking about the sort you could attach figures to that were backed with felt, velcro or something similar?

i have used mdf boards and magnetic paint for a story board. then print off required pictures and words on to magnetic computer paper from pc world . have also used paint on a wall near the front door for self registration.

Edited by Guest

wonderful stuff magnetic paper. 101 uses. children can draw their own pictures on it . it is easily cut with scissors. so can be cut into alsorts of shapes. use it for number work and shapes recgonition. it can be coloured and cut into shapes for puzzles then can be used with table magnetic boards

use a digital camera to add children into stories. take pictures of resources that are out for the day. i have a large self registration board with children's names.days and months ,weather,what is out for the day. pictures and signs can be printed out so children with little communication can still see what is out and what is happening. a visual timetable is up so children know what is happening when. clocks printed on it show what time things happen. it always surprises me how qickly some of them pick things up.and tell me when the clock gets to the right time

i also have the days of the week printed out and stuck on the fridge so i can leave myself reminders . i am sure everyone can think of new uses for it .

i have never tried it laminated. would have thought not as the magnet needs to be in contact with a surface to work. if you do try i would be intrested to know if it works as it opens up a whole new world. i have laminated pictures then stuck a large piece of magnet paper to the back to hold it to the wall if i have not been able to find a picture online to cover what i needed.

Thanks :) I usually stick magnetic tape on the back of laminated resources, but it tends to come off (little fingers and all that!) :D

know I should just go and have a look at PC World - but .... how much does this magnetic paper cost? Is it very expensive?

Harricroft

it varies. it is about 9.50 at pc world for four sheets but the link beau left has it at 8.00 for five sheets. lots of places online to get it.

In response to the query about laminating & magnetic paper: I wonder if there is ayone with a Xyron machine, as used in crafts, who could answer this? As I understand them, some models have the ability to laminate & add magnetic tape, depending on which cartridge you use, but as I don't own one I'm not certain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)