Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

new ratios put on hold

blondie

It started rather later than 9.30. No education minister could be found to take the questions.

I didnt get the impression anything will be on hold after watching Ms Truss being questioned this morning.. She blethered on about France, Germany, France, Ireland, France.

She wants to give parents the choice of structured teacher led nursery provision.

She said a third of children enter primary school without the requisite abilities in communication and language;

CMs support the proposals;

Wilshaw of Ofsted supports the proposals;

a pay gap between school and nursery pay (nothing about how that could be changed)

This is all choice though, we dont have to have a graduate, we dont have to change ratios.

Funny how I read Ofsted will be expected to mark down any provision that doesnt employ a graduate then isnt it?

She said a whole lot of nothing new. Stuck to her rather sad little pop guns.

Labour did well on the questioning, Tory backbenchers had obviously been told what to say so she could shine.

Ignorant, arrogant, irritating woman.

Edited by Rea
  • Like 2

Hi Rea

If you have a read through the transcript every time one of her "Hon Friends" (code for Conservative) asks her a question or makes a point it jogs her into remembering the detail of her statements and you cant shut her up "My Hon Friends makes a good point...blaa, di blaa. It is all so rehearsed, Each Conservative gives her a prompt to remind her what she has said before. :angry:

It was embarrassing to watch at some points. She's been marked out as 'someone to watch' within the Tory party I read, so I wonder whether they've been told to treat her nicely and agree with everything. She reminds me of Bonnie Langford in Just William, 'If you dont...I'll scream and scream until I'm sick' :rolleyes:

Edited by Rea
  • Like 2