Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Orders two or three items by length

what are your thoughts on this? do children just need to be able to say which is shortest/longest for 2 things? should they be using the language?

It is about using and applying mathematical comparative language - being able to distinguish different measures and use language to describe relative sizes and heights. I'd have this in parallel with speaking 40 - 60+ where you would expect children to be using language to organise thinking.

Cx

We had great fun with this when we were looking at The Gruffalo story. We went into the field to find the longest pieces of grass we could get and brought them all back inside where we laid them on the carpet and sorted them by size - we had tremendous fun with it - they were extremely competitive!

My children like biting carrots that are in the home corner to see if they can bite them down so they are the same length......well thats what thy told me i think they were just enjoying the munching!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)