Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Curriculum

Read on forum yesterday that a new curriculum is being written 0-6yrs by Leslie Stagg to replace BTTM and foundation curriculum but can't find it.

Anyone know anymore

Net x

There was an article about it in this weeks Nursery World. It is still in the development stage and lesley Staggs is asking for comments from us. (Early Years practitioners). Haven't got the article to hand but interesting reading., and quite positive I might add. :D

Peggy

p.s. I mentioned it before in the BTTM "advice on planning" topic.

And yet more change - hope its good - as I cannot bear the thought of reviewing everything again. Still generally the wheels work slowly so we have been given a little warning.

Nikki

Haven't seen Nursery World and don't know if this is relevant but on the QCQ website http://www.qca.org.uk/160_12023.html there is "Foundation stage monitoring report 2003/4". Among other things, researchers held focus groups of teachers and have reported their views on the FS curriculum and the transition to KS1. For example the tension is apparent between efforts to develop and maintain a curriculum balance in FS and the perceived over-emphasis in KS1 on literacy and numeracy. Also, for example, of PSED, it says, "the contribution of the foundation curriculum to the development of healthy, safer lifestyles (the third strand of the framework for PSHE and citizenship at key stages 1 and 2) is less clear."

• 9 months later...

Sorry been offline for so log, computer died, bought new, wouldn't take internet, had to take back, so on. Haven't had pc for about a mnth. BUT AM BACK and have received my new curriculum Pretty much the same except no colours, just drawings. If their is a topic about this elsewhere I apologise, haven't caught up yet.

Net x

• 1 month later...

The consulatation document has just been on the web i replied to this and some comments were positive - some not so positive

the idea is good and much of the content is excellent

however i disagree with some of the wording where it says practitioners should... - i dont feel this is stong enough to ensure all practitioners deliver a quality curriculum

the quality is very varied and often boring for children, also a lack of excitement and stimulating activities around what is provided for the children

it should be fun and irresistable - bit this is the minority rather than the majority

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)