Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation Training for Staff

I need some help please.....

We have recently been inspected by Ofsted and came out with an ok result our issue was with our staff and their Learning Journeys. Our staff are having issues with the quality of their Observations, including when to write one, what to write and when to stop. Sometimes i feel like i have cracked it and that staff are doing well other times it feels like we are back to stage one. I have been a practitioner for 15 years and now feel like i am stuck. We have a staff training day scheduled for 7th May and i was hoping to do some inhouse training with the staff and was wondering if anyone had any advice, suggestions or had even carried out training in the past? I want to make the day a fun filled day where staff are interested and want to learn.

Thank you x

That the observations were very descriptive...

I have read them myself and feel that staff are struggling in when to do an observation and seem to be doing them for doing them's sake!

We ask staff to name 1 focus child from each key group each week and add them to our planning sheet, then staff are asked to carry out a minimum of 1 ob on that child within that week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)