Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Light table and mirror table, ideas please.....

Hi everyone,

we are very lucky to have been given a light table and a large mirror table. I would love to know from other teachers what activities they have used and what works/doesn't work with these kinds of resources.

We had a light table before for a brief amount of time and the children ended up using it as a dumping ground rather than for exploration.

We are going to cover the glass in the mirror table with pvc so we can use sand, salt and small nature items. Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerry

i wonder whether it might be better to cover the tables with window protector film (the safety sort) because this can be removed and replaced and i suspect won't scratch as badly as pvc. We have a pvc cover on our light box (small) and one on our mirror box (ver small!!) that have been ruined by the sand and are now opaque which spolis the effect.

As to activities ours are mainly used for discovery ...tts do some rather nice xrays/coloured items etc

Thanks,

will definitely get the window protector for the light table and mirror table. Don't want to ruin them as they might never be replaced : )

Have looked at pinterest and found some great ideas but sometimes they don't work as well for larger groups of children. As I said before, the light table became a dumping table. It was probably my fault for having too many things nearby. They did like the small plastic letters and plastic cups.

Kerry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)