Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jolly Phonics

Help please ..anyone got a wonderful idea for an activity to do with the letter n apart from painting with water and paint and writing in the sand .I need it for tomorrow please as I am being observed at short notice! Thank you

Does it have to be for a certain area i.e. creative?

If not, how about a kim's game type thing, where you have real life objects that children will relate to and have in context that you can show to the children, hide under a blanket and then get the children to guess what object has been taken away...

You can also focus on other phonics if the children suggest objects that do not start with 'n'.

You could write the words on flip chart paper or have pictures of them as prompts i.e. Is it a necklace that is missing? No? Is it a notebook? Yes!

Don't forget that 'no' starts with 'n' too, so you can emphasise that too!!!

Failing that, you can do a treasure hunt in the garden of objects beginning with the letter 'n'. You could introduce the activity earlier in the session (do the children already know that 'n' is the letter in focus?) then hide them during the day and re-introduce the activity just before going outside.

Hope that makes sense, but it's been typed quickly and you sounded in a bit of a flap!!

Fingers crossed

x

Help please ..anyone got a wonderful idea for an activity to do with the letter n apart from painting with water and paint and writing in the sand .I need it for tomorrow please as I am being observed at short notice! Thank you

38228[/snapback]

Hi,

I have done the letter 'n' today and the children have cut up and made a plate of nifty noodles. You could do sewing the letter 'n' with a needle and thred. If you are really brave you could even sew the letter 'n' onto some binca with a 'needle'.

Another activity I have done is put out lots of different objects and the children have to choose which one begins with 'n' and then they print with it onto a cut out letter of 'n'.

Chalking outside - write the letter and draw some pictures beginning with n.

I went to market and I bought - something beginning with 'n'

Can't really think of any more. Hope you find something useful. Good luck

Boogie :)

what about a glorious big pot of cooked noodles to let the children play in. Oodles of noodles all moddling around... lots of lovely langauge and textural experiecnes. you could even have objects in the noodels to find plastic needles, knitting needles, nought, nappy !!!! someones name, napkin, necklance, net, newspaper, numbers, nine etc

Or what about making a necklace from dried pasta for someone special (their Nan?)

Good Lcuk hope you get something and it all goes well

we made nightime pictures drawing with chalk on black paper we drew houses with their lights on in the windows. Also nightime animals, owls and bats etc

I wrote this yesterday in another post for a child who is having problems with some sounds:

"Give a try to 'nnn' for nose... Make him touch your nose when you are making the sound and with his other hand he is to touch his nose. He will feel it! "N" for nose."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)