Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interventions?

I was wondering if you could suggest any intervention programmes/Strategies that you have had success with. I have a number of children who I believe will be emerging at the end of the academic year in Reception. The majority of these children are EAL. I have been told I can use some of our pupil premium money to target these children but need to make sure it is going to have an impact. Have any of you been in a similar position?

Ive in the past used PEEP - Peers Early Education Partnership - you work with parents on this one and the impact is immense!

It depends on what type of intervention they need? Being EAL does not necessarily mean that they need interventions, just time to develop their English language skills rather than language skills per se. However Talking Partners was developed for EAL children in Bradford, and Talk Boost is a similar small group intervention from ICAN. Both require a trained person to deliver however.

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)