Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SEF for new setting

Guest SamG

I wondered whether anyone could give me an idea of how soon a new setting should start it's SEF? We were registered at the beginning of November and opened at the end of November and know that OFSTED should have been to do our first inspection by the end of May. Should we be trying to put some form of self evaluation in place now or is it still too soon? Thanks

As the SEF is all about self evaluation I would be putting something in about your starting points, what is working well and what your improvements need to be. You should have a good idea by now what is/isnt working so go from there

Thanks for your reply.

We've noticed that some things aren't working as well as we hoped and have changed them already.

Do we need to include these on our SEF?

Sorry for all the questions, but we're new to self evaluation and management!

Thanks x

Your sef only needs to be done anually (officially) so in the first year i just gathered evidence and created action plans which i did mini evaluations on as i got round to doing them! The inspector was absolutely fine with this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)