Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Referencing in learning journey?

Hi peeps - love reading through all of the threads on here, it's so helpful and interesting!

Just wondered if everyone is still referencing evidence in their learning journeys?

I have spoken to a few local teachers in my cluster and some have stopped some haven't! Sometimes I just think 'who am I doing this for?' It doesn't benefit the children it just makes finding evidence in particular areas a little easier.

:)

E x

We always used to reference the 'achievement' to the age/statement by annotating the relevant statement with the date and type of evidence (Snapshot/Observation/Parent input) as we got/did them - didn't take much time and kept the learning journey up to date. Ofsted were pleased there was actual evidence available so we could prove we hadn't just 'made it up'.

we do and date aspects covered on a tracker inside LJ. doing progress summaries has been easier as can look on tracker for example of speech, for example, and then find that observation quickly, not having to look through whole lot. also staff can make sure all aspects covered over half term/term and find gaps and plan in from this to provide experiences to fill in gaps x

Well my opinion is you do it for yourself to illustrate, support and recall your evidence into your judgements. You've got to bring it all together either along the way or when you moderate/make the judgements so it's a matter of when.

Personally I find it easier when a teacher can locate quite quickly their recorded evidence when I moderate, it does speed up the process somewhat - all that endless flipping backwards and forwards can be a tad irritating!

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)