Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning in FSUs

Meleje

I currently work in a small rural school, teaching a small reception class of 11 children. We are in the process of opening an FSU to include pre-school/nursery aged children mixed with Reception and am looking forward to ours opening after Easter (scary but exciting!!!) I have been to see other settings that are comparable to ours and saw how well they can work. I am just wondering how FSUs work their planning. At the settings I visited, half had separate reception and nursery plans and the other half did it through differentiation. I'm undecided which would be better so thought I could ask on here for the pros and cons to how you plan in your FSU settings.

I am the nursery teacher in a FSU where the reception teacher and I plan separate 'whole class' sessions but plan together for differentiated child initiated play and focus activities. We have had some criticism recently for not 'stretching' the Reception children enough in their child initiated play, so that would be something to consider when planning in a FSU.

Our FSU is opening after Easter too. So any ideas on planning/ organisation of the day would be greatly appreciated too please! Good luck Meleje! :1b

• 2 years later...

We are currently looking into the possibility of a FSU. I would love the opportunity to visit other settings, especially small schools.

Anywhere in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Oxfordshire and any other nearby counties.

Failing that any good advice and thoughts would be gratefully received.

Thanks

susiec

• 4 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)