Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New EYFS Ofsted questioning

It has just dawned on me that being the only EYFS teacher in my school, i am automatically the eyfs leader. this means that when Ofsted comes knocking they are going to want to interview me :blink: *brilliant*!! can anybody give me any advice on what they may ask and what i need to have prepared?

Many thanks in anticipation...

J :)

I have also posted this is the 'inspections' folder but cant figure out how to cross link them...

Have a look at the ofsted section 5 guidance on their website and their subsidiary guidance for section 5's reissued this Jan - it tells you everything they will be looking for. What they ask will be dependent on their inspection trail which will be shared with the school when they arrive. This is generally

linked to the SEF, Raiseonline data and previous Ofsted reports.The judgements will be included in the overall school outcomes, but they do comment on the EYFS within their reports where necessary.

However they may not want to interview you per se, but talk to other leaders in the school about their knowledge of standards and effectiveness of all 3 phases, assuming you are a 5 - 11 primary.

Cx

We had ofsted 2 weeks ago and they did want to speak to the early years leader. The early years inspector wanted to know where children came in, where they left and the progress made and compared this to national . It was quite data based. I was at a disadvantage/ or advantage (!) in some ways as had only been in the school for 3 weeks so the head had to answer most questions She asked about how we planned next steps too. They also looked at learning journals and wanted to see how parents contributed as well as the children - areas we need to develop!

Would you believe it if I told you we got the call today!! Coincidence or 6th sense? Hahah!! Freaking out a bit is an understatement! My first ofsted and I'm only just out of my nqt year.... And it was assessment week so now I have to scrap all of this week's planning and start again for 2mz. I'll let you know how it goes

J :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)