Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vacancy for an Early Years Professional, Brighton, East Sussex

SueFinanceManager

Vacancy for an Early Years Professional

Full or Part-time Applications Welcome

Between 20-40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.

From £15,000 to £17,000 per annum (pro-rata for part-time employees)

We are a friendly, welcoming setting based in the heart of Kemptown, Brighton. Our staff are accustomed to operating to extremely high standards of childcare as demonstrated by our recent 'Outstanding' Ofsted inspection.

We are looking for an Early Years Professional to join our team in the New Year. Applicants must have a minimum Level 3 childcare qualification and Early Years Professional Status or be willing to undertake EYPS training.

The role will involve leading and managing the learning and development aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) so an excellent understanding and knowledge of the needs of children aged 0 - 5 years and a thorough understanding of the EYFS framework including the welfare requirements is essential.

Applicants must be accustomed to delivering high quality childcare practice, have recent experience of delivering the EYFS within an early years setting and have experience of leading and supervising other practitioners. Other criteria includes having the ability to manage your own workload, being flexible and having the ability to cope with changing needs and demands, having a creative approach to problem solving as well as being approachable, reliable, conscientious and possess the ability to develop positive relationship with parents and carers, staff and other service providers.

We provide an in-house training scheme, a loyalty holiday bonus and an opportunity to progress within the company.

To apply contact 01273 680280 or email

brighton@sunshine-nursery.com for an application pack.

Closing Date: 31 March 2013

Interesting that the advert is calling for a Level 3 as well as EYPS - my first response was to ask whether they really understand what EYPS is really all about. But I thought about it for a bit, and remembered the pathways for those with non-related degrees. So I take this to mean that they are discounting those EYPs who do not have a childcare qualification.

Which is an even more interesting concept. :ph34r:

Good luck to those who apply - far too much of a commute for me I'm afraid, but it does sound like a challenging and enjoyable post!

• Like 1