Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPS Setting visit.

Hello all,

I have my EYPS setting visit in a couple of weeks and am starting to feel very nervous.

for my three observations I have planned:-

a 20 minutes sensory activity in the baby room, probably spaghetti or jelly play,

a 20 minute snack time activity in the pre school room, where I will allow the children to taste several different snacks from around the world, talk about the taste, and find the countries on a world map.

and a 20 minute training session with a staff member on the 2 year progress check.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice, especially if any one has tried this snacks of the world (tasting) activity. Thoughs, advice would be ,uch appreciated.

Thank you all.

C x x

we do tasting tables regularly but only do one country at a time, recently we have done greek food ( a child with greek grandparents), caribbean foods (we were looking at carnivals at the time), middle eastern food (for a group of children whose interest was aladdin), we have had a pub food tasting table for a child who lives in a pub and a yellow food tasting session for a child with a stong interest in all things yellow. If your visit is going to be around the beginning of feb , you could link it to chinese new year. Whatever you choose, the children will love it and it will cover loads of your standards, have fun and good luck with your visit

Edited by max321

Wow, sound amazing thanks for your ideas, love the yellow idea :) so many possibilities. Its really great to have other peoples oppinions.

C x

scarlettangel that sounds tough, hope your better now. yes I think we are the first batch to be observed for one hour, previously i believe you had to provide witnesses to be interviewed which we now dont have. fingers crossed it all goes ok, handed in protfolio last week so its really the final run up now.

I had my visit in June and was observed under the 'old' standards but the new framwork ( if that makes sense!). We could decide on a single 45 min obs or split it. I was observed on the arrival of the afternoon session children then doing freeflow play outdoor.

The time went really fast and I really enjoyed it!!

Edited by Madmum

I had my visit in June and was observed under the 'old' standards but the new framwork ( if that makes sense!). We could decide on a single 45 min obs or split it. I was observed on the arrival of the afternoon session children then doing freeflow play outdoor.

The time went really fast and I really enjoyed it!!

Thanks madmum. I have mever been observed before, so the idea is a little daunting. thank goodness it will be over soon...

hi just want to reassure you everything will be great on the day...it's the thinking about it which is the worst. I know the assessment day has changed since mine was carried out over year ago, but sounds as if you are very well prepared so sure you will be absolutely fine ;)

hi just want to reassure you everything will be great on the day...it's the thinking about it which is the worst. I know the assessment day has changed since mine was carried out over year ago, but sounds as if you are very well prepared so sure you will be absolutely fine ;)

Thank you meridian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)