Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding For Taking Nvq3?

Hi -

I've been asked to post this request for help from a member. If any of you know any funding streams that might be appropriate I'd be grateful for your suggestions! :)

I'm just wondering if you can help me. I've got a dilema - I am currently doing the nvq3 at a sheffield college and in november i got all my funds paid for as i was on low income, but recently i have been told that they have cut all the adult learning support funds, so that means if i want to continue the course i have to find the remaining £590. Ii have tried everywhere to try and get funding (unsuccessfully i might add). I'm just wondering if you know of any organisations that could help as i really would like to finish the course.

Oh dear how frustrating to have funding withdrawn part way through the course :o

It may sound like stating the obvious but have the college been able to provide support or advice of any sort. I would presume you have checked the details of when the funding was given originally, did they say they would grant funding on an annual basis or for the whole course? I am a little bemused that they can grant funding and then withdraw it leaving you in the lurch.

On a more practical level, is there any chance of financial help from your setting (sorry not sure whether you are working but just a thought) again, if you are working your local EYDCP or Sure start may be able to help.

Really sorry this is probably not much help, I had a wander on the net but didn't come up with much.

I have my fingers and toes crossed and really hope you are successful in your search and good luck and I will pop back and post if I have a brainwave :D

Thanks Geraldine. I would have thought it was possible to apply for funding to a number of organisations (and I thought I'd come across this elsewhere but can't seem to currently track any down).

Anyone else with any ideas, please don't be shy! :)

Hi,

Sorry I haven't responded before, wanted to do a bit of checking. Actually, I haven't got far with the checking, answerphones etc :o so I'll just go with what I think/thought I know.

In my area there was funding for Pre-school Learning Alliance candidates through Early Years. Early Years are also currently funding a student in our Nursery (think it's called 'Care Training' - sorry can't be more specific), however, neither of these is college based, so may not be helpful.

The amount involved for a second year seems a bit excessive to me, but I may just be out of date!! If it's a second year, how come the plug has been pulled????? it seems like 1) very unfair, 2) a waste of the first year's funding and 3) a drain on public funds if they're suddenly pulling the rug from under everyone's feet!!!!!

Or, there's always the possibility of finding a position in a DN which will see you through your training - you may be able to transfer completed Units from your first year?

Please put me straight if I've misunderstood, sorry can't be more helpful

Sue :D

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)