Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Access action plan

Hi, Please can anyone explain to me what an access action plan is (SEN) ?

Maybe point me in the right direction for more information ?

I have very little experience of special needs so not quite sure what i am doing :blink: ....sorry !

sounds to me like a plan you would put together for how you would plan for a child to access activites etc but i could be sooo wrong - i have done an IEP and P & O form but senco training next week and week after so hoefully will be able to tell you but i am sure there is someone more experienced along in a mo to inform you correctly ^_^

can you not email or phone your area senco mine is fab for answering all my questions x

Thanks lashes, we dont really have any contact with area SENCO, cutbacks etc etc !!!

Can anyone else shed any light on what an access action plan involves ?

Hi Lovemyjob, we've just had a visit today approving us for the FEYE and they mentioned an access plan. She said if we wanted to develop say the block play we would need to consider how a SEN child would access it. She said it can be very broad ranging and not specifically SEN, just need to relate it back to SEN at some point.

It could be you want to put up a multicultural welcome poster in your entrance to make it more inviting to all parents. This isn't really SEN but is inclusion.

Hope that helps

Sam x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)