Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music

Please help!

In two weeks time I have to do the Assemblies each day.. not with my class just me.i have to choose a piece of music which is played each day for five days and then on wednesday I have to choose a story to interest the whole school aged 4 to 7. This is my first term at this new school so i do want it to be memorable.

Please any ideas.. music has to be a CD (Sorry that sounds patronising)

Harry Potter music then excerpt from story.

Peter and the Wolf?

My daughter's school do something called Music Maestro - they have a piece of music for the assembly every day which is written up outside the hall. Questions are put up next to it and they have the week to answer them. The winner gets a certificate. If more than one winner - picked from hat apparently I've just been told!

They have had music by Sting, SClub7 as well as Classical stuff.

Could use whatever your fave music is and talk about favourites and how people like different things? Must be a story about that!

Harry Potter music then excerpt from story.

Peter and the Wolf?

My daughter's school do something called Music Maestro - they have a piece of music for the assembly every day which is written up outside the hall. Questions are put up next to it and they have the week to answer them. The winner gets a certificate. If more than one winner - picked from hat apparently I've just been told!

They have had music by Sting, SClub7 as well as Classical stuff.

Could use whatever your fave music is and talk about favourites and how people like different things? Must be a story about that!

37635[/snapback]

How about that story about the parents that like spots and stripes, but the little boy likes something else...errr, can't remember what he likes, or the title/author, but I'm sure some clever person out there can help..? They end up going to the zoo, which is probably a clue

xD:o

Just a thought!

Sue :D

Guest tinkerbell

Hi

How about Vincent by Don Maclaen (cant spell his surname sorry)

have a vase of sunflowers,picture of sunflowers, or starry night,or self portrait of Van Gogh .A question could be put under the portrait eg Who was this man ?The children could focus on the visual as well as audible during the week and if your assembly is near the end of the week they should have a few questions to ask ,or things to tell you!

The assembly could be about the song related to the Vincent and his paintings a little bit about his life and why the song is sad.???

I have done this with whole school 4-11 went ok.

Tinkerbell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)