Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS Software

Hi all this is my first ever post and needing some advice please. I'm a childminder who uses the forum and have recently been looking into software which will help me with learning journeys, next steps, assessments and most of all planning. I have briefly looked at the Tapestry and the PRAMS. Is the PRAMS software an earlier model of Tapestry or can they be used in conjunction together. I hope you can advise me on something suitable. To add to the confusion I have also had a demo of Baby days which is great. I can't fault the babydays but it has more then I need on there and worry I won't use it to its full potential and waste money. I hope someone out there can help and thanks for your time x

Hi Bluebell - welcome to the Forum! :1b

There's a number of questions in there, which I'll try to give some responses to, but I guess in the end you need to make a decision for yourself.

Firstly PRAMS isn't an earlier version of Tapestry - they both have distinct purposes. PRAMS is (as the acronym indicates) primarily an analysis program (it stands for Progress Recording and Monitoring System). Tapestry is primarily a Learning Journey system, for sharing journals with parents.

Neither of them do the entirety of what you would like to achieve, so there is no prospect of you being able to use one or the other and cover everything from Learning Journeys to Planning in your list above. We have an ambition to develop Tapestry so that it can provide more of the PRAMS functionality - but we have no confident timescales as yet. If you need something that does everything in one go, and babysdays does all that you need, it sounds as though that is your best option. Hope that helps - let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you so much for your help its great to have support! After looking more in depth at many more program's I still love the look of tapestry and it appears to be much more parent friendly and will reduce my time doing my learning journeys. I'm a member of fsf via my LA so do I need to register again and then pay the £20 to use tapestry. Apologies for the questions.

Glad to hear you're impressed with Tapestry Bluebell. You don't need to re-subscribe to FSF if you're already subscribing, but you'll need to pay for Tapestry, which is an annual subscription (£30, £50 or £70 depending on how many children you have in your setting). To do this, just go to the store (click here if you're logged in and you'll find

If you find it's not for you, just get back in touch over the next couple of weeks and we'll happily refund you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)