Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Children

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

We had been given a cohort and individual trackers from our local council for our nursery children.

All my staff think that the individual trackers are great as they can see at a glance on a A4 sheet the area the individual child is behind in or excelling in.

I as the manager have now plotted all the individual trackers for the children onto a cohort A3 sheet. I can now see if any of the children have progressed or stayed at the same level.

My advisor, has now asked me to do a summary for each child for example why they haven't moved ahead, how i'm supporting children and have I put anything special in place, any concerns and if so what and how this will be monitored.

My question is, has anyone else done a summary for EACH child or have they done it the way I was going to do for example;

xx % are below expected age range and xx% are working within or exceeding their age range. Then look at the reasons why the below expected and explain and so on and so on.

Does anyone have something they could share with me am I on the right line. Guidance would be great as I would like to make sure I have done this right. Ofsted are due in at any time as my 3 years was up just before we broke up for the holidays.

Like you have got as far as adding them all to one master tracker so you can easily see which children are not meeting/ or are exceeding age bands in which area which will make planning group activities for them more effective.....but as for then looking at why they aren't meeting expected, and explaining why etc.....my question is when I am getting paid the same wage as a teacher to be recording all this information and planning what to do with it, and being in a class you know that unless ill you have the same 30 children everyday of the week for one whole school year, not 70 that may attend 3hours a week or 30 hours a week, might be with you for 2 whole years or for only a couple of terms when funding kicks in and also go to another setting too.....I'm not knocking teachers, you do a fab job but am getting more and more fed up with what is expected of us in preschools, nursery,s etc under a revised framework that was supposed to make less paperwork.....sorry for rant :(

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)