Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observations Next Steps.....

Hi Alisonal, Do you have a copy of the Development Matters for the Revised EYFS?

http://www.early-education.org.uk/publication_search?title=&field_resource_isbn_value=&field_resource_author_value=&field_resource_publication_year_value[value][year]=&field_resource_type_tid[]=18

The Next Steps are the things you plan to do (Positive Relationships) and provide (Enabling Environments) to support the child who is learning what you have observed in left hand column (Unique Child). Messy? Sorry?.

For example:

I observe a 20 month old child beginning to venture out from the adult, and play alongside other children. (page8) PSED Making Relationships. Next Steps might be Attend toddler sessions, providing secure base for the child, pay lots of attention. Welcome all the children who come into the setting by name, introducing them and saying goodbye (consider singing a song?). Is that making ANY sense?

Have you looked at PRAMS (available on this forum). When I started using PRAMS it all dropped into place for me. All the training I'd had before was water off a ducks back.

Best of luck,

Honey

PRAMS stands for Progress Recording and Monitoring System. If you scroll up, Click on Forum then Forum Index, and scroll down to Non-setting topics , it's the second topic.

It's a computer system that you can plug your assessments into and you can generate great reports. And it's FREE!!! You might also like to look at Tapestry which is an Online Learning Journal - not free but very nice and a very good price.

Honey

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)