Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Induction and Home Visiting

SennenSal

Hiya,

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share their policies and procedures on inducting children into the setting either in house or through home visits - inc. information you give to parents, eyfs booklet for example or do you talk through the eyfs or both. Currently our manager runs through things with parents but some things are being missed and I feel we need a proper procedure so that others can do it if she is unavailable as we take children all through the year from aged 2.

I've read a few topics on Home visits and it seems most Pre-school/nurseries don't offer them mainly due to cost and safety. However, i've been made aware of a few settings in our area who offer them and have had a really positive response from parents. Are there any settings out there who have found them positive?

Cheers

Hi we have implemented home visits from September. A great opportunity to complete and go through all documentation. Keyperson also attends and takes along a few puzzles, books for the child. Parent feedback through a questionnaire has been very positive. Our new starters also have the opportunity to come to induction visits at the setting, to have a play,meet the staff including their keyperson. This has all supported a smooth entrance to our pre-school, lasts an hour and works well for us . :)

• 1 month later...

We also do Home visits - been about 18 months now - and as Fredbear has said it is an hour well spent - the parents like them , the quality of information shared is far better than in the setting as parents feel more relaxed, and the children who have had visits seem to settle better in the Nursery ( we give parents the choice and a few have declined) There are issues around staffing as it does mean two staff out for a short while but it's no different than staff going on courses or meetings and just as valuable.

Edited by redjayne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)