Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

harvard referencing

I don't have the definitive answer, but didn't want to 'read and run' - I believe that it may depend on where you sourced the information - do you have the 'hard copy' or via internet etc? I also understand that even the Harvard referencing system is used slightly differently in different universities, so please check. I'm sure someone will come back with a more concise answer soon.

"With an Act of Parliament, it is usual to cite the title of the Act in your text, with the date, and then include it in your reference list in alphabetical order of the first main word of the Act:

Disability Discrimination Act
1995. London: HMSO.

"

got this from web site of Queen Margaret University - Edinburgh. So presumably it would be:

"Equality Act 2010. London: HMSO" in bibliography and "Equality Act (2010)" in text .

And don't forget if you're accessing it online rather than the physical copy, you should show this within your reference and give the url and the date you last accessed it!

Always check your own University's guidance though: even though we all use Harvard, it seems every institution has their own little 'wrinkles' and preferences! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)