Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Black History Month

Anyone done anything fantastic for Black History Month in a FSU? Am new to the school, Black History Month (October)has a very high profile. Have some ideas , but am worried because majority of chn have SEN or EAL and don't concentrate for more than a few mins in small group situations.

Anyone done anything fantastic for Black History Month in a FSU? Am new to the school, Black History Month (October)has a very high profile. Have some ideas , but am worried because majority of chn have SEN or EAL and don't concentrate for more than a few mins in small group situations.

37489[/snapback]

Hi,

I'm discussing this at work at the moment, there seems to be some resistance (DN), but we have a number of black children in our pre-school so I feel we should at least make an effort! Will kep you informed

Sue :D

Not exactly "history" more cultural understanding, but the books like A is for africa and the rest in the series are great to discuss life in african villages and maybe set up role play areas where children can dress in african fabrics etc......having black dolls/families in role play, small world, learning afro-carribbean chants and songs, cooking afro-carribbean food, anasi stories are fun to hear and act out, these will be there all the time anyway but having a focus on afro-carribbean culture would be apprpriate in BHM I reckon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)