Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas writing observation

Hello

I am being observed by the head teacher next week with a writing focus. My class are currently christmas crazy so going to go with this! I was thinking about a letter from santa saying he has lost his sack or reindeer or something that the children will then need to make lost posters for. Any great ideas that forum members have done in the past as feeling a bit nervous about this in an ofsted year so pressure to get outstanding.

Thank you

Thank you thus pressure for outstanding in this snapshot lesson as I am consistently good to outstanding and got outstanding in a recent moderation so feel head has high expectations of myself and over excited 4yr olds 2 weeks before Christmas! :1b It's always hard to impress KS2 trained SLT in a twenty min session so I suppose just feeling a bit worried so thought perhaps some advice out there. No worries though

I think that's a great idea go outside on a present hunt and write a note to Santa saying where you found it and hope it gets to the right person etc. I recently took my class on a worm hunt and they loved writing about it! You will need alphabet lines to remind them of graphemes but most managed phonetically plausible attempts and you are using their interests as a focus! Also Lost in the snow is a good starter by Ian Beck. Good luck x

Thank you, we ended up having a letter saying Rudolph is lost but Santa has heard about magic reindeer dust. His elves don't understand pictures about how to make it though so chn need to write labels or captions (dep on next steps) for the pictures to help the elves. We made dust first, wrote then scattered. Children very enthused and child initiated learning led to maps for Santa, reindeer traps and posters. No feed back yet but felt good so fingers crossed!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)