Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef

mundia

Hi folks. I am landed with the job of completing the foundation phase aspects of the school SEF(self evaluation form) and as we are exepcting THAT OFSTED phone call any time now, my head wants it by Friday.

HAs anyone done their yet, and can you give me any pointers. Im having trouble locating online guidance but guess there must be some, all I have been told is..use bullet points...and know your evidence.

anyone?

Hi Mundia

Being a pre-school, our Self Evaluation Form is much more straightforward than that for a school, so I can't offer much in the way of help, I'm afraid.

Just wanted to wish you luck: getting it done so quickly is quite a challenge!

Maz

Thanskyou Geraldine, Ill have a read of that later.

I think Im in work avoidance mode as Ive been staring most of the day and not got any nearer. Im just wondering if I need to cite the evidence or like with most of these things, just know where it is?

Hi Mundia,

I'm also involved in our school SEF, I posted in June and have been worrying ever since. I've filled in what I can but the worst bits are about the effectiveness of management in Foundation - cos that's me!

The advice seems to be to make sure you've got evidence. Keep it brief but succinct. Refer to the evidence rather than reproducing it.

It's certainly focused our thinking but it's also a huge burden of responsibility I think, it took me ages to compile my contribution and I'm still not convinced I've done it properly, nor is it complete yet.

I had a real problem with the results for FSP. I think there's huge confusion about achievement of a given number of aspects with achievement of aspects numbered 1,2,3 etc. I think that's what previous posts about achieving aspect 8 and 9 were all about. There seems to be genuine confusion and misunderstanding about terminology, and, dare I say it, still running-riot confusion about what actually constitutes achievement. Is it when you observe it once, twice, three times in different environments/circumstances? I wish I knew.

Oh dear, I've rambled.

love J

thansk for that J. We have handed over what we have done so far to the head and Im sure she will get back to us over what we have missed or not clrifeid. I beleieve heads have had training for this whereas all we got was ..use bullet points.....

I think its quite tricky to do this isn a vacuum, and should be more of a discussion between us as phase leader and the leadership group of the school who are completing the rest of it.

Anyway we shall see shortly whatthe head thnks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)