Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Termly reports for Reception children

I work in a reception class and usually send out a school report at the end of reception year, however this year i have been asked to produce a report at the end of every term. The one sent out in July is a detailed report of the 6 areas of learning, teacher comment and a head teacher comment. The head decided to make it easier and cut down on all the writing for all the classes which i can see is easier for the older children because the teachers have boxes to tick and make a quick comment but im not sure how to go about it for Reception class.

If anyone would be kind enough to share their ideas i would really appreciate it.

kazi

We are doing a termly report which has a box for each area of learning and the child's stage of development made clear.

It also mentions the characteristics of learning

It has a box for next steps or areas to work on and a box for parental comments

Of course I can't quite remember now where I had it from but I am pretty sure it was on here and called a summary sheet.

You'll have to make your end of year report match the new requirements of the EYFS.There is a requirement to report on the child's attainment against the ELGs plus a written commentary on the 3 characteristics of learning for parents and year 1 teachers. This is required once a year, but if a HT requests a written summary each term, then I guess you have to do so!

Cx

We send out a termly report - our's is very simple not much writing as we have a lot of EAL parents and parents who are illiterate. Our children also come in very low - so we have shown their progress this term - but where they are against national expectations so it is clear for the parents that they have made good progress but are still lower than where they should be.

Then we send out a more detailed report in the summer term.

Amar Meller-Umar.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)