Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ethical business policy

Melba

I have been thinking that our policies tend to be about the welfare of the children and the parents rather than the staff.

I would like to add an Ethical Business policy that sets outs the ethos behind how we give staff hours, how we pay them ( aim is to be as much as can afford above minimum wage) and how we support them when there are problems.

Does anyone have something like this?

Good idea. I am reviewing my staffing and employment policy and thinking of adding something about aspiring to pay a 'living wage' - I don't feel I can totally commit to this due to financial constraints but I do try my best (my one unqualified gets £7 ph and others range from that to £8.20 ph). Also thinking of adding about flexibility for own kids inset days and a few days a year paid to look after sick dependants - already do both these so it's a good idea to mention it I guess!

We have an Employee Handbook as a support document written by the Pre-School Learning Alliance but as a template so you can change it to suit. Our staff sign to say that they have received a copy and when we make any amendments. You could put your other information about salaries etc....in a business plan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)