Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ENCO role

We still don't have one......and until it's a requirement like senco we won't.....as I told our ey consult who keeps pushing, we are a fully inclusive setting with high regard for our equality policy so what is an 'enco' going to change ?

Have you been on the enco training?

Sorry not much help I know

We still don't have one......and until it's a requirement like senco we won't.....as I told our ey consult who keeps pushing, we are a fully inclusive setting with high regard for our equality policy so what is an 'enco' going to change ?

Have you been on the enco training?

Sorry not much help I know

I have not been on the course yet but I will be soon

That's good, thought it was a bit unfair to give you the role without training/support.....there is a thread in nursery management called 'enco folder' that's has a fair bit of info. :)

I have seen that one, thought I'd start this one as wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas

sorry in our settings we have INCO's (inclusion co-ordinators) so that the role of senco and equality co-ordinator are combined. Anything in particular you were needing to ask about ...it's a bit of a big subject!!

oh right, i was wondering about what sort of paperwork i need to be doing really

My INCO does IEPS for children with specific needs and liaises with the parents/staff/key-person for the child involved, she maintains and updates a register of our EAL children and will liaise with our Ethnic Minority Achievement team if we need support , she also attends a termly INCO meeting to keep up to date with what is going on in the City and updates our lists for our 'vunerable' children who may have CAFS/Social Care involvement. She has also attended TAC meetings and Social Care meetings as the representative for the Nursery if I am unavailable ( so deputises for me as Safeguarding lead as well).