Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help - which area/aspect?

Can anyone suggest which areas/aspects for the following?

Child playing in small group - the children had moved chairs to make a train. Needed tickets. Teacher suggested that children make some. Teacher found small 'ticket' size pieces of card for children to write on. Child did not have a piece of card (given out by the ticket collector), so she took an A5 piece of paper and said "I need to tear it to make it smaller" then proceeded to tear the paper and make her 'ticket'. She is 41 months.

How about using

Expressive Arts & Design : Being Imaginative

Uses available resources to create props to support role-play (30-50 months)

or

Communication &Language - Speaking - Beginning to use more complex sentences to link thoughts (30-50 months). not sure if any psed as can't tell if she is interacting or working as team etc x

Something to do with SSM but not sure which?

Yes, I was thinking along SSM lines. I have used PSED - MR and Lit - W, but would like something for SSM as she had realised that the paper was too big. She was also using the language 'tear it' and 'smaller'.

Hi how about [sSM] begins to use the language of size. :1b

Thanks for your suggestion! The little girl is 41 months, but I guess I could put it into 40-60+ months as this is a level 4 concept. I suppose it's just about thinking outside of the phases!

Thanks to all for your replies!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)