Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

urgent help needed

Hi all,

Is anyone out there able to help. We have three staff members off tomorrow which leaves us with 12 children over the age of 3 and 3 members of staff in. Manager Qualified to level 3, one working towards level 2 and one unqualified.

Been reading the requirements and I am unclear as to whether we are we in ratio to run the session,

with 12 children in - One adult to 8 children means we only need 2 adults (Manager level 3 and one unqualified) which also means we will meet the requirements of 50 staff must be qualified to level 2. Do we not meet the requirements if the third member of staff works the morning session?

Thanks for your help

I don't have a copy of the EYFS with me at the moment, but my memory tells me that the manager has to be level 3 and 50% of the remaining staff have to be level 2. I don't think, therefore, that you have appropriate numbers of qualified staff. :(

Can anyone else check up in case I'm wrong?

Is there any chance you could phone Ofsted for advice?

Do you have any parents who have a crb in place that could help out (childminders or committee members)?

Sorry. just trying to think on my feet to help you out. Hope it all gets sorted and works out,

Spiral :-)

''This means that even if they are in addition to the minimum ratios the qualification requirements in relation to the staff group of half the staff having a level 2 qualification would need to be met. This is in accordance with guidance we have given elsewhere in relation to settings employing extra staff over and above the minimum ratios where the EYFS makes it clear that whatever number of staff are employed half must hold a qualification.''

This was part of the answer we recieved when we emailed ofsted about using parents in the adult /child ratio